Fine oat flakes gluten-free
These fine gluten-free oat flakes allow gluten-intolerant people to enjoy the many benefits of this grain.
Oats are a naturally gluten-free cereal; however, due to very frequent cross-contamination with wheat, it is common for oats to contain gluten. In order to ensure the absence of gluten, strict guidelines must be followed from the moment it is grown in the field to its commercialisation.
Gluten-intolerant people are advised to eat gluten-free oats in small quantities and to gradually increase their intake. This is due to the fact that approximately 1% of people suffering from gluten intolerance may display an auto-immune response to oats since the prolamins (cereal proteins) in oats display a very similar molecular structure to those of other cereals with gluten. Thus, in some cases, the human body may confuse them and, in such cases, it is not advisable to eat oats.
The most outstanding features of these flakes are:
- They are gluten-free. The lack of gluten is guaranteed by the ELS (European License System) with the crossed grain symbol that appears on the packaging.
- The flakes have a fine texture and are very easy to eat. They can be eaten uncooked, but if you wish to cook them, 5 minutes are enough.
- Their carbohydrates provide long-lasting energy.
- High fibre content (9.7%).
- Rich in beta glucans. Eating 3g of beta glucans a day helps maintain normal cholesterol levels.
- Low in saturated fats due to the nature of oats. Lowering your saturated fat intake also contributes to maintaining normal cholesterol levels.
PACKAGING: 300 g Package
Our advice Flavourfull healthy eating
Let’s make a simple and tasty gluten-free cereal bar.
You will need oat flakes, seedless raisins, crushed walnuts, hazelnuts, almonds and dates.
First, grind the dates into a paste and add the remaining ingredients.
Once you have shaped the mixture you will have successfully made a nutritious cereal bar!